Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Um, how much for the left leg upgrade?

Not only is my knee bothering me, but most of my left leg is bothering me today. I don't know if it's due to A/C, or the heat, or I slept on my left leg funny-- no matter. Between that, and the fact that I realized tonight that my feet still haven't completely recovered from the high heel debacle, it wasn't an easy class tonight. I do think the hazardous heat has something to do with it. Maybe I'm in denial about arthritis or something. I don't know.

Since SW is doing camp this week again, RA taught class. It was pretty much a regular class, with the exception of JK leading us in a warmup of Songham #1, 2 and 3 forms, as he's studying up for his certification. I'm not ready for it. I supposed I could go-- I'm somewhat eligible. I just wouldn't be able to get my next collar until I get my black belt. I somehow remember S#1 the best. It's almost second nature to me, and that's despite the fact that I didn't even start with that one when I started training. No matter, I was able to get through the drills. I worked on forms and weapons next. Again, most of it is just all reviewing everything for testing next week. Again, I needed to work on board breaks. It was the first time I set up for both breaks. I think I still need to work on the distance for the foot break after the elbow break, but I was happy with my overall results tonight, considering it was the first time I set up for both. I got the elbow break in the first shot, and the foot break in the second shot. Still not too bad. So I'm not worried.

With my knee bothering me, I opted out of sparring. EL did too, but then she was bending my ear looking for sympathy on the fact that she wants to go to the regional retreat, and doesn't have much in the way of transportation. A big part of the problem I have with EL is that sometimes she doesn't know when to stop talking, or looking for the sympathy card, but a big part of it is, well, she's fairly immature. She's in her twenties, and granted she has special needs, but still, when you get to be that old, you need to be more independent. I've seen that with PS, and I do think she's more mature because she can take care of herself much better. But EL was going on and on, and I was starting to wish that I was out there having a heat stroke and destroying my knee instead of listening. I know I have a big mouth, but I think I start to get the hint a little bit better when I need to shut up. Unfortunately, between her, and this one kid, JS, oh, they were bending my ear a bit too much tonight. I've been told I'm too nice about it sometimes, and I supposed I am. I guess it's just because I know when I want to be heard, I want to make sure I have someone's full attention too.

So, a fairly quiet night, nothing special. Next Wednesday is graduation/testing. I'll probably try to go to at least board breaking class on Saturday, since I feel confident with weapons, and forms doesn't have to be 100% perfect. With this bad knee, I think my form is in pretty decent shape, all things considered. Just have to get the physical spacing between the boards figured out, and I'll be good to go.

Since testing is the day after my birthday, maybe somebody would like to give me a leg upgrade for my birthday present?

3 comments:

Mathieu said...

I feel for you dudette.

There are lots of natural products to help soft tissue (muscles/ligaments) heal up.

Drop me a mail if you'd like to know. I've done lots of research recently.

Becky G said...

Sorry to hear your leg is bothering you, and your immature classmate. Unfortunately, we have to deal with those types all the time.

Miss Chris said...

Good luck on your testing! Break those boards!