Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Proof of support, holiday style

It's a slightly sparse Christmas this year for us. Oh, my son doesn't know the difference, but the hubby and I didn't spend a lot on each other due to watching our finances. From him, I got a cool webcam that I've been wanting for my notebook PC (maybe I can start making practice videos of my forms!). But the other one, in many respects, meant more.

As you all know, I earned my 1st degree black belt back in October. Due to mess-ups at the ATA headquarters, I did not receive my black belt certificate until about a week or two ago. After showing my husband the certificate, I put it on top of his bookcase, which is a pretty safe place, for safekeeping.

So, on Christmas Day, I open up the Webcam, cool, and then I pick up another present. It feels like a frame, but I can't imagine what it could be. Once I opened it, I saw that he had gotten my black belt certificate framed in a beautiful walnut colored frame, very classic. He wanted to show me that he was proud of my accomplishment, and he wants me to be able to display it, so he got the framing done. It meant a lot to me that he understood how seriously I take it, and that he was proud of me-- enough to get that framing done. Now, we just have to figure out where to put this beautiful frame in our home-- somewhere that displays it proudly.

I hope all that celebrate Christmas enjoy the season, and for those who don't, please share the sentiments of peace, joy, happiness and camaraderie that Christmas brings with those around you. I believe that even if you don't celebrate Christmas, the sentiments and ideas that are supposed to be brought to the season are ones that ALL of us should abide. Feliz Navidad, Joyeax Noel, and Merry Christmas to all!

4 comments:

Becky G said...

What a nice gift from your husband.

Miss Chris said...

Congrats on the black belt! You must be so proud!

Anonymous said...

I want to see a picture of the certificate framed and hanging somewhere nice.
Love, Oceandirt

frotoe said...

That IS a great gift- way to go, hubby!!