Wednesday, May 07, 2008

First night back

Well, no one had to perform CPR, so that's a good way to start! :-P

I arrived for my double classes, thinking that there might be a possibility that I wouldn't stay for both, depending how I got through the first class. Well, I made it through the first class alright. We did some drills in the beginning to warm up, and then we practiced forms. It was a large class, and I was stuck with a bunch of 10 year old boys. Oh joy. As usual, I ended up having to do things on my own, although NK made sure to check on me at least once to make sure I remember the form. I do remember it--I do it at least once a day while waiting for Drew at the bus stop, so I didn't forget. But I was tired already-- I'm not used to doing this after a long day. I practiced my SJB, as I have one more cycle with that. Well, I really need more help with that than the form. I remember it, but I still suck at it. I just want to get through this midterm so I can be DONE with it. Board breaking, which I REALLY haven't done for a long time, went okay. I did a sidekick with my left foot. Got it on the 2nd try, since I need to get back into judging my spacing in relation to the board as I approach it. We then did sparring. I did alright with that too.

So that was that for the regular class. Except for one thing.

Click on this sentence, and you'll find out what happened to me during drills.

Yes. That happened to me. Either the pants, which are all cotton, have shrunk a lot, or I've gotten heavier, or both. :-S How embarassing! Fortunately, my jacket is long enough to cover my tushie, and I was able to get a spare lightweight pair from SW. I could've gotten it for myself if she said so-- I didn't want to just grab it. But she first gave me a pair that was too small. I knew exactly what size I needed, so that's what I ended up getting. Oh well. I have two lightweight pairs now. She said she could order me a heavyweight pair, but I guess I'll have to see if that's really what I want, or at least wait until the fall for the heavyweight pair. The warm weather is coming, and I tend to get extra hot! ;-) But I survived, and just jumped right back into class as soon as I changed. I'll have to take a photo of the damage when I'm not so tired.

Instructor class was very small. It was just four of us, well, five if you count JK, who is training to get his red/black collar-- possibly even his red/black/red, I'm not sure. Anyway, he's working on bumping up officially. So it was me and a bunch of teenage boys, except for one who is a little older, maybe college age? Anyway, we worked on the one steps for S#3, which includes my favorite, "Pizza Dude". So we worked on that, and then worked on S#3, which I could do, but it's been a long while since I've done it. We also worked on the new "freestyle" BME, which isn't too bad. It's good that I learn it so I can help Drew figure some of this stuff out. While he can do whatever he wants, it would help if he knew SOME of it, at least. It went well, and a little slower paced, so that was good. After class, I asked SW if I could start learning the 1BD's BME form, even though I'm on the 3rd midterm, because I'm thinking of competing in August, and I'd rather learn and do the BME form than SJB, knowing how much I suck at SJB and would have half a chance at BME, since I like that weapon better. Heck, I'm thinking of even investing in a new BME just to have a better balanced weapon. SW also just got back from a ProTech camp (Weapons camp), and among the new "toys" she has, she has...I don't remember the exact name, but it was something like a "wind bo". If you ever watch the Avatar on Nickelodeon, it's just like his weapon-- it's collapsible, and when extended and whipped around, it makes a great whipping, windy sound. Ma'am learned about being an Air Bender! (I know, Mom Geek.) So that was cool.

So, despite the mishap, I got through. But I have to say, I AM tired. So on that note, I'm going to bed!

No comments: