Monday, October 02, 2006

Need my TKD therapy today

Did you ever want to go to your martial arts class not because you enjoyed it, and it was the scheduled day, but because you felt you needed it? Today is one of those days for me. I have off from work, and Drew has off from school due to Yom Kippur, and it's only 12:30 PM as I write this, but it's been a stressful day already. I need to be able to release some anger, frustration and sadness in a constructive way, but with the TKD school closed today, I don't have that option today. Maybe I can just walk it off, or buy something extra at the supermarket that I shouldn't get (you know, retail therapy), or something like that. But my TKD allows me to have a true physical release sometimes. I can actually punch someone without getting in trouble, y'know? I can kick someone too and yell if I want as well. Bleeh. There's always tomorrow during down time at work, if there IS any down time.

2 comments:

John Vesia said...

I understand your frustration. Walking is great, do that. Actually, since you're helping out at your school, they should just let you train there whenever you want, whether it's open or not.

Unknown said...

I'm sure I could. I have the keys to the place and all. It's just a little difficult when your 5 yr. old has to tag along, and he's more disruptive than wanting to join in. Oh well. I'll get it out of my system teaching the Cubs tomorrow, and if I'm not too busy, I can take it out on some of the punching bags practicing kicking combinations.