Monday, November 13, 2006

Reprieve for now

After the shocker that my husband posed to me last Friday, we've had the opportunity to talk. I've also talked with my instructor/boss/mentor about it. I think we are all going to take a "wait and see" approach for now. No reason to get totally panicked about it yet. I think SW understands how much I don't want to be put in that situation or lose out on anything. And, not to sound conceited or smug, but she trusts me with her business, And I don't think she wants to lose me. She mentioned to me in an email that we will figure out something with the finance issues, so at least she's thinking about it. But keep the prayers/good thoughts/good karma/positive vibes coming, because they are still very much needed.

I don't think when I started my classes more than a year ago, I would have thought that I would be this deep into being part of my do-jahng, understanding the place from so many angles-- as a student, a parent, and instructor and an employee. I see it from almost every angle now. It's a very different perspective, but I wouldn't trade it.

So, I have to just keep truckin' on. I have an easy form that I have to perfect, as I don't think I will be seeing it again anytime soon after this cycle, a kama routine to perfect, make sure my board breaks are good (started working on a #2 side kick for a break, so that's cool), and I have to get some sparring time in, whether I like it or not. (Working on getting some killer crescent kicks and reverse kicks into sparring combinations. And if I can get them to be jump kicks...sweet.)

Cubs class tomorrow...oh joy. I always forget that I have class to teach on Tuesday. I'm also afraid that since tomorrow SW is supposed to be in, and I don't know if she'll be in during the day, I'm wondering if she'll end up criticizing my teaching method. I've been learning trial by fire with these munchkins, and I have no clue if I'm even doing this right. I know they are getting their basic moves in, and I am getting those done correctly-- the end result is what's important here. But I don't know if via methodology I'm where I'm supposed to be. In that respect, I could use SW's help. Well, at least we have a few more weeks, then the kids can graduate and I can finally teach them some new things. Hooray!

So crisis averted for now. I just have to take it day by day, and keep practicing what I know.

No comments: