Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Rev'ving up for a return

I discovered something today. I found that if I "google" my name, "Windsornot", a zillion hits for things that I've done come up, including several of my online blogs and postings. Geez. So much for anonymity! But interestingly enough, most of them were linked up to this blog. So if you are linked up to this and haven't said hi, please do so! I didn't know I had a "following" until I did this search. ;-)

Well, it's been two months since I took my long needed break. As mentioned, Drew's continued to go, and he's doing okay. Yesterday, I finally said something to JZ about Drew and being by the mirrors, and that it was okay to yell at him. I told her that I know she can't be disciplining him constantly because she has a whole class to focus on, but it's okay to tell him that he's not acting like a black belt, or saying that something is unacceptable behavior or something short like that, and he'll usually whip back into shape-- usually. I also suggested that when she does drills, see if she can pair him up with someone in such a way that he gets away from the mirrors. I know that we often will rearrange people in class so that people of more similar size and aptitude will be paired, so in her rearranging people, he wouldn't know that he's being singled out for being pulled away from the mirrors. When he's away from the mirrors, he tends to focus better, and not get distracted by making faces at himself and such. It was like that this past Saturday, and when she got him away from the mirrors yesterday, he did much better than usual. He still had his moments, but not as bad as usual. He actually paid attention a little more, and that's a good thing. He needs to learn to do it, because after the next graduation, no more copying the teacher at graduation! He was having some problems with his feet (somehow he contracted plantar warts on his feet--yuck-- and we finally figured out what they were to treat them, and now the skin on his feet are a little sensistive), but we worked around that as much as we could, and generally, it was a better class. Thank goodness.

In some ways, I haven't missed going to class. I like being able to not huff and puff and feel the pain in my lungs and my knees. I like having the extra time to myself. But at the same time, I'm feeling less agile than I was before, and I feel the need to get some exercise in again. I've still been practicing my form so I wouldn't forget it, so no worries there. I know I'll have to work on perfecting it again. I also have started thinking about the mid-term in June, whereby I need to practice breaking my boards, as well as getting that darn SJB routine down and get it out of the way! Bleeh! I really want to start learning the BME form that is needed for the next set of midterms. Additionally, there's a regional tournament in August locally, and I would rather do a BME form for competition than do the SJB. SJB is just not my weapon-- never has been. I'm sure if I ask, SW (or someone) will start teaching it to me so I have it by competition time. It's not like I'm raring to go back into competition, but this time, I'm not even going to expect to rate well at all (unlike last time, I thought I had at least a fighting chance with my CJ#2 form), but if I put the pressure on myself to get it perfected a little more, then there's a chance I'll push myself enough to get back into fighting shape, literally and figuratively. It's a thought, at least.

I started my payments for myself again for May, and technically, that doesn't start back until tomorrow! :-P I can't go tonight, as we've been having scheduling issues between my husband and I, but this should be the last week of such conflicts. I might start back on Saturday, perhaps taking the color belt class just to get warmed up again. And then next week, it's back in the saddle again.

Yikes.

No comments: