Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Hmmm...this might be more difficult after all.

I got the "cheat sheet" listing what I need to learn for yellow belt basic yesterday from Ma'am. You know, basically what the new form and one-steps are, nothing for weapons or sparring. Of course, I've only gotten the first one-step given to me, and the first two moves of the form. I'm looking at this sheet to get an idea of what's up. I don't mind that it's longer-- that's to be expected, I would think, in moving up to the next level. I think the first thing I have to ask and figure out is what the difference is in #1, #2, #3 and #4 in various kicks. It looks like the other thing I need to learn or figure out is the vertical spearhand. I don't think I've seen that, and evidentally, it's different from a knifehand strike. I'm also noticing in reading this that it shouldn't be TOO difficult. Moves 1-6 are the same as 23-28, but 1-6 are on the left majoritively, and 23-28 are the opposite. Same with the groupings of 11-14 and 15-18. So that should help a lot in figuring it out.

No comments: