Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Beware of woman with weapons! Today's class wasn't too bad. My knee was still acting up a little, but it wasn't too bad. We mostly worked on some fine tuning of our form and one-steps. I finally broke the board with my #3 round kick (make a T with your foot, and ai-yah! with your heel). There was a lot to think about with the board breaking kick, and once she said just do X and Y, BOOM, there it was, finally breaking. Oy! I'll get it down one of these days. I also finally got my first lesson in using weapons, specifically the numchuck dohickey. I learned a basic triangle. It's not as easy as it looks! First of all, I have to turn my hand somewhat inside out for the first two corners of the triangle. Easier said than done. Then I do a once-around back swirl with the thing landing behind my back. Somehow when I do it, it seems a bit unwieldly. Man, it was worse when I tried to do it on the left side. And let's face it, I have to be able to do it on both sides! But at least I got my first lesson in that, and we didn't have sparring, which I don't like. And FINALLY! I got invited for graduation, and I also got my next stripe. Hooray! It's about time! Graduation is in about 2 weeks, so I have some practicing to do, for sure. My goal is black belt, Ma'am!

No comments: