Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I feel like a slicer-dicer. Today's class ended up being a private lesson again, but not that I mind! I like having the one-on-one lessons from Ma'am, as I get more done and learn more, I think, since I have the personalized attention. If I ever won the lottery and could have a personal gym and trainer, she'd have a good full-time job, as I really enjoy this sport, even if I'm not that great at it. She said since it's a new cycle, I have to switch weapons, and now it's the bahng-mahn-yee (that's my phonetical spelling, and I'm not even sure that I'm doing that right or calling it the right thing), but it's supposed to be a cutting type weapon, kinda like something with a knife edge or hatchet kinda sword thing, but for the sake of learning (and not having the real thing), we have these hard foam sticks, essentially. So I learned all 9 basic moves and the 2 basic blocks for it, and I have to get the hang of swirling it around like a sword. I have the rotation in my right hand, being a righty, but definitely not my left. It feels and looks awkward, so it's something I have to work on. And just as I was getting the hang of the numchuks! Oh well, another cycle. I also got my first two steps of my new form, and my first one-step. Easy, just have to think about it a little since it's new. Ma'am has already warned me repeatedly that I will get this down in no time, since it's easier than the first two that I learned. However, she is going to be much more nit-picky about how I do it, so I really have to pay attention to details, more than ever. I also am continuing to work on the board break. I got some more pointers, and broke it more quickly, but still making mistakes. Something to work on as well. I don't want to move on from this board break until I can break it more quickly and more consistently, and Ma'am didn't seem to have any objection to that. She seems pretty supportive and truly encouraging, especially when she said that she knew I'd get the form and one steps down very quickly. It's nice to know that your intelligence is acknowledged sometimes! Felt like a good day in class. I like it when I have "personal lessons". :-)

No comments: