Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I love Tuesday classes. I think I've mentioned this before. It's because usually it ends up being a private lesson or a semi-private lesson (with no more than 1 or 2 other people in attendance). Ma'am gives me more of a workout, and is bound to pick on what I'm doing more, but then again, it's the attention that I'm getting that I don't get in a full class.

Today, I got another part of my form and my second one-step. The next few parts of the form were easy. It's just fine tuning some things like wider stances, and hand-foot timing (like the hand strike coincides exact with a step forward, that sort of thing). The next one step was easy-- I might end up trying to complicate it. While I had "Pizza Dude" last session, this one is called "The Cowboy". It's actually very simple, so I have no doubt that I'll get all the one-steps and the form down in no time, just like Ma'am said. In fact, after today's exercises and putting together what I learned last time and today, she said I had 10 of the 18 parts to my form already. That's cool. No weapons today, but that's okay. It was kind of an easy going day. I did do the kick in board breaking a little better today. I was on the right track, and Ma'am said had it been wood, I would've definitely broken it sooner. However, I still broke it a little sooner than I have been doing it, and I'm holding my overall form together better when I've been doing it, so that's progress. Hooray!

Now, a week off! I'll be practicing, for sure.

No comments: